I still can't figure out how I want to do his ears. So for now I will put that on hold. Instead I worked on the paws of the dragon.
First off I made a bunch of nails. I made more than I needed so I could pick the best suited ones to be used. These nails were baked first.
My plan was to make a 4 claw per paw dragon. Three claws in the front and one claw in the back of each paw.
The paws were baked onto the wire armature. I tested the head on the body to see if the proportion and balance was good. If you look closely in the picture you can see his back legs raised off the ground because of the weight of the head. The head itself will be heavier after I add the ears. That shouldn't matter much since I plan to add some weight to the back end when all the sculpting is done. His paws are not complete yet. But the basic structure is there at least.