Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Sculpting Tools

Below is a picture of some of my sculpting tools.


Starting far left to right.

1.  Stainless Steel Sculpting/Modeling Tools.  I find these listed for ceramics, pottery, jewelry wax, etc.  Some of them are also shaped like dental tools.  I have had these for years.

2.  Wire Loop and Ribbon Tools.  I like using these for softer materials.  It bends if you try using it on hard materials.

3.  Sculpey Clay Tool Starter Set.  I use the ball sides more often than the rubber tips.

4.  Wooden Handle Stylus.  I think I bought this one from Joanns in the scrapbooking section.  It was listed as an engraver?  I use this one most of all my ball point tools.

5.  Fiskars Embossing Tool?  I think I found this at Joanns in the scrapbooking section as well.

6.  Ceramics Tool?  I got this from ceramics class so not sure the exact name of it.  I use this the most when working with my carving wax.  I just love this tool.

7.  Colour Shapers, Mini Firm.  I bought these from DickBlick.com.  I use these a lot when working on polymer clays.  I do use these with my carving wax, but differently than I do with Polymer clays.  I want more of these with different firmness and sizes.

8.  Wood Carving Tools.  Seems odd, but these work out great for various applications.  I can carve wax, y2klay, and even lightly baked polymer clays.

I also recently got a Dremel Carving and Engraving Kit for Christmas that I haven't tried out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment