Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Resin Pressure Pot Update

I have been so busy the past few days I have not had a chance to go to the hardware store to buy parts needed to finish the conversion.  On the plus side, the air compressor I ordered should be arriving some time today.

I will go looking for the parts today and tomorrow.  I am hoping to have to have my pressure pot setup completed before this weekend.

I also placed an order with Smooth-On for different urethane resin and silicone rubber to use with the pressure pot.  Although I can use what came in the kit, the resin doesn't have a very long pot life which may not be optimal for use with the pressure pot.  By the time you pour and place into the pressure pot, the resin will probably be curing.  Would there be enough time to add pressure to help remove bubbles?  So I ordered Smooth-Cast 305 which has a 7 minute pot life versus 3 minutes for the 300 resin I was using.  I also ordered Dragon Skin 30 silicone rubber to try out.

I need to have my little reindeer bjd finished before Christmas.  Will I have enough time?

No comments:

Post a Comment