Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Extra Tiny BJD Project: Part 4

It has been a while since I have posted an update on my little reindeer.  The deadline of having a number of completed bjds done before Christmas is quickly approaching.

So here she is...


Above are all her parts.  The still have to add the slots for all 4 limbs and do a final 1000 grit sanding.  I may also make changes to the mid section.





She is approximately 2" long and 2" high.  I don't have enough time to make joints in her legs like I wanted to.  The scale is just so TINY that it would take time and patience that I don't have.  Below is a picture of the joint test I did do.

With the ruler you can clearly see how tiny the joints would be.  The wire attached to the ball is a 18 gauge copper wire.  I may try a 20 or 22 gauge wire in the future if I make joints and recast her.

I think she is still rather cute without the leg joints I originally wanted to do.  As mentioned above, I just have a little left to do before I do the build up for the mold making.  I hope tomorrow to have the molds completed using OOMOO 30 in a pressure pot.  Then Friday and Saturday I can cast a number of dolls, string them, paint them, and prepare them to be given away as gifts.

So little time...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love her. You have done an amazing job with her. I can see why you didn't want to do the joint. Very fiddly. Good work and merry Christmas.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete