Sunday, December 25, 2011

Extra Tiny BJD Project: Part 10

I finally finished casting my doll parts in resin 11pm Christmas Eve. I had to wet sand all the pieces since I didn't have much light to work with outside and I didn't want to dry sand inside the house. After all the parts were sanded I picked the best parts to be made into the 5 dolls I was planning to make.


I put each of my parts into cups to organize the assembly.


Since I already made all the wires and hooks, it was just a matter of drilling holes into the legs and putting the pin and hooks in.


Then came the stringing.  It took me a few tries to find the one style that works well for my doll.  She is strung up with a single loop of elastic string.


They are all put together finally on Christmas morning, so I consider them born Christmas day.  Aren't they cute?  They aren't as posable as I hoped, but they still have some flexibility.


Above is how they looked after they were painted and sealed with Mr. Super Clear spray.  Only one has a red nose.  I thought the red ribbon and bell added a special look.  All but one was wrapped up and ready to go to their new homes.

I consider these reindeers to be beta or version 1.  I see room for improvements and plan to make upgrades to the little girl.

These little reindeer BJDs are my first completed BJD.  I consider that a major milestone.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable! I want to make a pony BJD, so I'm especially interested in four-legged figures.

    VERY impressive for a first effort, I just love them!

    /came for the casting tips, stayed for the cute pictures

    ReplyDelete