Monday, October 17, 2011

OOMOO 30 Conversion Table Volume and Weight

So far for my silicone rubber molds using Smooth-On OOMOO 30 I have been determing how much I need by weight.

My post Arisu's Head Silicone Mold: Part 1 goes indepth about how I determined the amount of OOMOO 30 I needed in ounces by first determining cubic inches of space to fill.  Even with a scale I sometimes prefer to measure by volume instead of by weight.  After I made a few molds I was able to make myself a conversion table.  It is not 100% accurate, but it gives a rough idea.


Part A, Part B, and Total are all measured in ounces.  I added horizontal highlights to help me reference numbers better.  I can clearly see that if I want to make 11 oz of silicone rubber, that I should mixing 1 cup of rubber.  That means 1/2 cup of A and 1/2 cup of B.  That 1/2 cup of A should weight close to 4.8 oz and 1/2 cup of B should weigh close to 6.24 oz.

Ratio by Weight:  100A:130B
Ratio by Volume:  1A:1B

NOTE:  Your results may vary, but this table is working out well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment