Sunday, June 12, 2011

2.2a Sculpting (Arisu)

At first I put a single layer of clay around the armature just to cover it and I baked it in the oven.


Then I started to add more clay to create the body and arms.  This allows me to hold the previously baked legs and head so that I don't ruin the progress I have made.


Here are some of my sculpting tools.


One of the things I have learned so far is that it would probably help to twist some thinner wire around the armature to give the clay something to grip.  Also, I need a better work station.  It would help to have something hold up my figure keeping my hands off except for when I am sculpting.  The clay slips around easily and a bad bump or squeeze can be a headache.  I am thinking along the lines of a device that will hold the figure from the head so that it dangles. A hanging apparatus will also help keep the figure from getting a flat back from laying on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment